The Finance Department is responsible for:
• 2016 Bond Rating by Fitch: AA
• Collection of all revenue for the City of Norton including the city's income tax
• Issuance of all debt
• Maintaining the city's fixed asset records
• Managing and investing all city funds
• Preparing and publishing the city's Annual Financial Report
• Processing all city expenditures, this includes reviewing and processing all purchase orders, auditing all invoices received for payment and issuing payments for the city in compliance with local ordinances, state law, and city contracts
• Processing the city's payroll and the maintenance of all payroll records
• Reconciling and monitoring all banking activity and financial reports
Director & Staff
Ron Messner is the Director of Finance for the City of Norton. The Finance Department is staffed with two full-time and one part-time employee responsible for fulfilling the many functions of the Finance Director's Department.
Property Tax Information
For property tax information, contact the Summit County Fiscal Office, Treasurer Division at 330-643-2588 or visit the Summit County Fiscal Office website
Income Tax Information
The City income tax is billed and collected by CCA in Cleveland, Ohio. Contact them at
216-664-2050 or visit website www.ccatax.ci.cleveland.oh.us
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
A Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) is a formal financial statement, or annual report, for the City. Questions, comments or suggestions on the CAFR can be sent to Mr. Messner.
Awards & Press
Government Finance Officers Association:
2014 & 2015 Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting.
City of Norton Finance Department receives Auditor of State Award with Distinction
NORTON TAKES THE LEAD - Akron Beacon Journal Article